Friday, December 2, 2011

One Perfect Day by Lauraine Snelling a review


Nora Peterson has two children--twins, a boy and girl, who are seniors in high school. She wants their last Christmas as a family living in the same home to be perfect, but her husband is delayed returning from a business trip abroad. And then there's an accident--a fatal one involving a drunk driver.

Meanwhile, Jenna Montgomery has a daughter who needs a new heart.

One woman’s loss becomes the miracle the other has desperately prayed for. And while one mother grieves, and pulls away from her family, the other finds that even miracles aren't always easy to receive.

Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: FaithWords; First Edition edition (October 22, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0446582107
ISBN-13: 978-0446582100
Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.9 x 8 inches
Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces



Lauraine Snelling, an award-winning author of fifty-plus books with sales of over 2 million copies, also writes for a wide range of magazines and teaches at writers' conferences across the country. She and her husband make their home in Tehachapi, California.
http://www.laurainesnelling.com/index.html


MY REVIEW
 I’ve read many of Lauraine Snelling’s books. She is an excellent author. I have loved everything I’ve read of hers, but One Perfect Day is just fabulous. I didn’t realize it but One Perfect Day is a book that happens at Christmas, so it is wonderful I read it in December.
  This book is just perfect if you or someone you know has lost a child or one that needs a transplant.
 I was quite touched by the depth of feeling and loss that happened in this book, but the love and joy of the Lord will shine through.
 I could just imagine how a mother would feel if their child died or needed a transplant to keep living.
The title One Perfect Day was talking about how a woman wanted everything to be so perfect for her family and everything just fell apart when her son was killed, but that same day was horrible for one family, but fantastic for the family looking for a new heart for their daughter.
  This is an older book, written in 2008, but so very important and needed everyday.
  In this book you find out that everyone needs someone to talk to, someone to be a friend, even when you want left alone, you really can’t make it alone. With God and friends you will make it.
 I highly recommend this book even though it is an older book. You won’t be sorry you read it.


Order from Lauraine Snelling


Order from Amazon

I received my free copy from Sarah Reck at Faith Words/HachetteBookGroup, for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: