Monday, September 6, 2010

Hot by Laura L. Smith




ABOUT THE BOOK:
Lindsey feels alone, like no one truly understands her. That is, until she meets Noah, who possesses a calm self-confidence that Lindsey craves. But what price will she pay to escape to the comfort of Noah’s soft words and strong arms?

This novel uses the power of story to challenge teens to discover the relevance of faith. Young adults will identify with Lindsey’s feelings of insecurity and uncertainty. Promoting a personal trust in God, this story awakens the imagination through personal discovery, dynamic characters, and unexpected plot twists.

ISBN-13: 9781600066221
Trim Size: 5 1/2 x 8 1/4
Cover: Paperback
176 Pages



AUTHOR'S WORDS

I believe in God. I believe in true love. I believe in fairies. I believe if I bang hard enough on the back of my wardrobe I'll get to Narnia someday. I believe eating chocolate is good for you. I believe part of my soul lives in France, part at the beach and the other part here in Oxford, Ohio, because when I go to those places I feel at home, as if I've always belonged. I believe heaven will feel much the same. I believe God created me to be the mother of my 4 kids, and to write stories He wanted to tell. Skinny is the first of these stories. It's sequels, Hot and Angry, continue to share God's message to girls ages 13-23.
http://www.laurasmithauthor.com/index.html


MY REVIEW
This book is great if you love stories about teens and their problems. “Hot” talks about many subjects teens face such as problems with siblings, parents, friends, school, fitting in, sex etc…
Lindsey loves the Lord and has great parents, but troubles push her into something she isn’t ready for. “Hot” shows how important it is to have family and having your parents around. Lindsey finds herself trapped a in world of popularity, style and boys. She is torn between principles she has grown up with and the temptations that face many young people today.
Read this book and follow Lindsey, her friends and family as they try to do what’s right. I enjoyed this book, but the ending ended right in the middle of a very important part where Lindsey was talking to her boyfriend. I think it would have been better to finish the conversation before ending the book.
I highly recommend this book to all young people and their parents. It really gives you insight into what needs to be talked about and discussed.

ORDER FROM AMAZON

Thanks to NavPress for providing a copy of this book for my review. I was not required to give a positive review.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The writing was great and the story line was well written. However, I regret allowing my 14 year old to read this book. Though this book may be good for a teenager who has experienced sex and the issues in this book, it is NOT a book for one who hasn't. My daughter doesn't need to read the steamy details to get a better understanding of things.
The moral was not in your face but more as a side note, in my opinion. I'm sure many loved this book but after reading it myself I was left in shock. Maybe we are just way too in love with Jesus and holiness than most "Christians" are. There are other ways to address these issues with our children than through this book.
These are my own convictions and observations but encourage ever parent to take the time to read it first and then make the best decision for your teen from that point on.
I'm sure the author has the right heart for young ladies dealing with the current pressures and wrote from that. I do not condemn the author. This book may change the course of some teens that are not living a holy lifestyle. However, I was a teen once and I would have ignored the moral and would have loved the sensuality and emotions stirred. I hope this hasn't happened to my daughter.

Trinity Rose said...

Thanks for pointing all of that out for us Sabrina. I appreciate your veiws.