Friday, June 10, 2011

Leaving by Karen Kingsbury* A Review



Leaving

Series: Bailey Flanigan Series Volume: 1

By: Karen Kingsbury


The Bailey Flanigan series begins with Bailey leaving Bloomington for the adventure of a lifetime. She has won an audition for the ensemble of a Broadway musical in New York City.

She’s determined to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but is she really ready to leave family and friends for the loneliness of the city? And what of Cody? His disappearance has her worried about their future and praying that their love can survive. In order to be closer to his mother in jail, Cody takes a coaching job in a small community outside Indianapolis. New friends, distance, and circumstances expose cracks in his relationship with Bailey Flanigan. Love, loneliness, big opportunities, and even bigger decisions highlight the first book in the new Bailey Flanigan series that features members of the popular Baxter family and finally completes the Bailey Flanigan/Cody Coleman story.


Book  Cover Size: Medium
Page Count: 336
Paper Edge Description: Plain
Size: 5.5 wide x 8.5 high x 1 deep in. | 139 wide x 216 high x deep 25 mm
Weight: 0.795 lb | 360 gms
Available: March 2011
World
Publisher: Zondervan


Karen is best known for her Life-Changing Fiction (TM) and for creating unforgettable characters. When speaking before women's groups - some with more than 10,000 in attendance - Karen makes audiences laugh and cry with her compelling story-telling. She likes to tell attendees they have, "One chance to write the story of their lives," and her talk focuses on reminding women to live every day loving well, laughing often, and finding true life in Jesus Christ. Karen routinely speaks before more than 100,000 women each year. Karen is also a public speaker, reaching more than 100,000 women annually through various national events. Karen and her husband, Don, live in the Pacific Northwest with their six children, three of whom are adopted from Haiti.
http://karenkingsbury.com/


MY REVIEW
I love Karen Kingsbury’s books, but wish the Bailey and Cody story would have ended in the last book. I feel it has gone on to long. Each book has a plot and at least one subplot. I feel the subplot in this book was much better than the main one. It was about Landon and Ashley and it was a real tear jerker. I just love how Landon and Ashley love each other and how she struggles when he isn‘t around.
There are more books in the Bailey and Cody series and even though I wish the series didn’t start I will defineatly read the other ones that are coming out.
I love Karen’s style of writing and her books always keep me interested and would love to read each one of them straight through. I really love her books and Leaving is another fantastic book.
I know why Karen sells so many books and why she has so many followers, because her work is just perfect and everyone of her books has always brought tears to my eyes. She knows how to capture the heart of her readers.
I guess the reason I don’t like another whole series about Bailey and Cody is because I want them to be together already. They are such a perfect couple.
I highly recommend books by Karen Kingsbury and this one is another great one. Her books are one of the few books that I keep to reread later.

Order from Zondervan

Order from Amazon

Thank you to Zondervan for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great review, Trinity! I agree with what you've said about Karen's books, except I don't think I'll read the rest of the Bailey series.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. : )