Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Living Room Story by Bill Rolfe*A Review


 The Living Room Story by Bill Rolfe

When success and even love are not enough, you need a miracle...
Daniel Clay has good looks, money, and a rising career as a New York investment advisor. Meanwhile, his personal life is barren of love and family. But when a distant relative dies and leaves him a house in England, Daniel embarks on a life-changing journey--toward love and his soul's awakening.

He meets and falls in love with Claire, a children's palliative care nurse. With her help, he opens his home and heart to comfort young patients in their final days. As Claire tends to the children in a beautiful glassed-in room overlooking the sea, Daniel prays for miracles. Just when his prayers are
answered, a mysterious illness strikes him down and relentlessly drains away his life. With no hope for a cure, Daniel holds fast to a deep secret that he can never reveal. And now, he needs a miracle of his own.

Paperback: 155 pages
Publisher: LTD Publications; First Edition edition (January 1, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0987877801
ISBN-13: 978-0987877802
Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.4 x 0.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces


Late one night back in July 2002, I fell asleep and had a dream. It was unlike any dream I had before, or since. It was like watching an extended movie, and it ended with instructions for me in the rolling credits. I awoke in shock and glanced at the clock next to my bed, only to discover what seemed like hours of sleep had only been a few minutes.

I got up, sat at my desk and spent the rest of the night writing everything down. Never having written anything before, I took the next few weeks to follow the instructions from the dream - share the story in a novel.

After a few months of being inspired by the story, but at the same time feeling overwhelmed with the project, I put it away. However, I couldn't forget it.

Now, after more than nine years of struggling with the process and battling against my own self-doubt, I'm ready to share the story.

"The Living Room" was my dream.

- Bill Rolfe

MY REVIEW
  The Living Room by Bill Rolfe is a really nice story. As you read in the above section Bill had a dream and wrote down what he dreamed.
  I enjoyed it but if I wrote it I would have changed a few parts.   It ended nicely, but I would have liked a few different things to happen. I won’t tell you what they were so it doesn’t ruin the ending for you.
 Mainly this book is about Daniel a successful business man who didn’t take time for himself and just thought of his career. Then he inherits a house in a different country and decides to go and sell it and also take a much needed vacation at the same time. Then he meets Claire who is a nurse of children who are in the end stages of their lives. They fall in love right away and in Daniel’s house there is a glassed-in room that would be perfect for the children to use. I really like the description of the house and thought it was a really nice part of the book.
  Strange things start happening in this book for Daniel and the children. I thought this part was super also.  I recommend this book for reading enjoyment. It is full of love, death, life and miracles. Really a sweet story all in all. This is the only book Bill Rolfe has written and I think it is great for a first time.


Order from Amazon

Thank you to the  Author/Publicist  for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: