Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Throw the Devil Off the Train by Stephen Bly*A Review

Catherine Goodwin's got to escape. She wants a fresh start with fiancé Philip in Paradise Springs. Race Hillyard's into revenge. He seeks to settle a bitter score. Meanwhile, all he wants is peace and quiet and sleep. But it's a long, crowded, noisy train ride from Omaha to Sacramento.



Library Binding: 384 pages
Publisher: Center Point Pub; Lrg edition (May 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1611730244
ISBN-13: 978-1611730241
Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds


Stephen Bly has authored 100 books and hundreds of articles. His book, THE LONG TRAIL HOME, (Broadman & Holman), won the prestigious 2002 CHRISTY AWARD for excellence in Christian fiction in the category western novel. Three other books, PICTURE ROCK (Crossway Books), THE OUTLAW'S TWIN SISTER (Crossway Books), and LAST OF THE TEXAS CAMP (Broadman & Holman), were Christy Award finalists.

http://www.blybooks.com/newhome.htm



MY REVIEW
Throw the Devil Off the Train by Stephen Bly is one fantastic book. Most of the story takes place inside of the train heading West. Two unlikely people meet and at first can’t stand each other, but before long become close friends.
This book is full of action and adventure. You won’t find a chapter in this book that doesn’t have you sitting on the edge of your seat, just waiting to find out what the outcome will be. It was hard to put it down in the evening. I would have stayed up all night to finish it if I could have.
I really like the way that Catherine and Race spar back and forth in every thing they discuss. I also like how Catherine makes Race’s saddle something to talk to.
This book is full of kidnappers, swindlers, suicides, love lost and love to come. You will find out Catherine and Race’s past mistakes and lives, but also find the present.
Throw the Devil Off the Train is a touching, tough kind of western, that will keep you turning pages. Stephen Bly the master storyteller has given us another story to enjoy time and time again. This book is so uplifting and entertaining and the words just leap off the pages.
I highly recommend any book by Stephen Bly, but this one is extra wonderful. Reading Throw the Devil off the Train has left me with such a sweet, happy feeling. A 5 plus book for sure.

Order from Bly Books

Order from Amazon

Thank you to the author for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

3 comments:

Hannah Alexander said...

I'm ordering it today. I can't wait to read it!

csthankful said...

Thanks so much Wanda for your review. I thought this was sucha a fun and moving book. I gave a copy to one of my co-workers and she began it last night and is having torouble putting it down. I understand that as I had the same problem!!! Mr. Walker was the most unique character I have ever read about...and his part was magnificent. Thanks, BLessings, Connie Sue

Pam K. said...

I'm glad you gave this book such a good review. I recently read it and thoroughly enjoyed it; so did my daughter. I'll be looking for more books by Stephen Bly.