Sunday, February 13, 2011

Golden's Rule by C.E. Edmonson~A Review

ABOUT THE BOOK
Fourteen-year-old Maddie Bergamo seems to have it all—looks, brains, mad moves on the basketball court, a cute crush, and true friends—and so far, her life seems right on track to make her eventual goals of the Olympics and a sports scholarship to her Ivy League dream school.
But then life topples her neatly stacked plans, and Maddie finds herself in a fight for survival. As events spiral out of her control, Maddie receives an unexpected gift: an ancestor’s extraordinary diary of life as a slave girl. And what Maddie discovers within those pages changes her world forever.






http://www.goldens-rule.com/
http://ceedmonson.authorweblog.com/


MY REVIEW
Golden’s Rule by C.E. Edmonson is a very sweet, tender story of a young girl who gets a brain tumor.
It is also switches between two very moving stories: a girl named Maddie that has the tumor and a historical story of a young slave girl escaping and finding freedom. If you lived these stories you could do either one of two things. You could just collapse and be very down or you could become stronger and a better person.
In Golden’s Rule you find out what is really important in life, faith, family and friends. They will really get so much out of the story and help them to see that boys, dances and fitting in isn’t all that important in life.
This book is for everyone, but especially for the tween/teen girls. I would highly recommend this book. I just wanted to say I’m sorry that I couldn’t come up with a picture of the author or the bio. I looked everywhere.




Order from Amazon

Thank you to Wine Press for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

2 comments:

Prolucker said...

This sounds really interesting, thanks for the review!

csthankful said...

I will have to buy this one for my two teen grandaughters. Thanks for the info on it! Blessings, Connie Sue